Francisco Fort Museum is hiring a Seasonal Employee: Must be 18 years or older. 25 Hours a week. May 23rd to September 3rd, 2022, Can be flexible on dates. No benefits. Application and job description online at https://townoflaveta-co.gov/forms-permits/ Turn in applications to the Town of La Veta or email to [email protected] Accepting applications now until the position is filled.
The Job Description
Seasonal Employee: 25 hours per week, 15 weeks Min Wage $12.56
“Paradise enough for me” was the exclamation by Colonel John Francisco when he saw La Veta, Colorado and decided to settle down and build Francisco Plaza in 1862. The Plaza was the first significant dwelling in the Cuchara Valley and is the last original surviving adobe fortified fort in the State. The plaza is now a part of the museum complex. It houses the heirlooms of Huerfano County including locally and nationally important collections of Native American, Spanish settler, and pioneer artifacts.
The Francisco Fort Museum welcomes over 3,000 visitors annually and hosts several festivals and programs through the summer. We anticipate that 2022 will be an extremely busy year. The Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from May 31, 2022, to September 3, 2022. Most days there will be at least two employees on site as well as other volunteers.
The Seasonal Employee will be responsible for:
· Preparing the Fort for visitors by securing the campus in the morning and in the evening.
· Making sure all printed materials and handouts are available for customers prior to opening.
· Welcoming visitors and introducing them to their experience at the Fort.
· Providing brief tours and being knowledgeable about the Fort and Huerfano County history.
· Staffing the gift shop, stocking the gift shop, assisting customers, processing payments and entering inventory using Square Up and its software, and keeping the shop clean.
· Some light cleaning and dusting as well as restocking and cleaning of bathrooms as needed.
· Answering the Fort phone and providing information about the location, hours, and events at the Fort.
· Knowledge of emergency services in La Veta and the protocol on using those services.
· Willingness to follow all safety and health protocols as advised by Huerfano County.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Fort.
The ideal candidate should be someone who loves history, enjoys interaction with people is flexible and a self-starter. Computer skills and bilingual ability a plus.
The Town of La Veta is an Equal Opportunity Employer