The La Veta COVID19 Business Recovery Grant allows eligible businesses to apply for reimbursement for incurred expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide financial relief.
Eligible expenses include fixed expenses such as rent, utilities, and mortgages, payroll, marketing, advertising, and POS systems, cleaning supplies and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and other business-related expenses.
Businesses awarded grant funds must be able to provide receipts and other documentation to show what expenses are being reimbursed. Funds are limited and may be awarded on a first come first served for fully completed and eligible applications.
- Must be a business or contractor licensed in the Town of La Veta on or before April 1, 2020 with a physical location in the Town of La Veta
- Must be an independently owned for-profit company or agricultural business, 501(c)(3) nonprofit, sole proprietor, or independent contractor.
- Be engaged in activities that are legal under Colorado and federal law
- Ability to demonstrate need for grant funds due to the impact of COVID-19, including: Business Closure, Reduced Operations, Inability to Serve Customers, Employee Layoffs, Customer Decline, Revenue Decline
- Business and owner must not have any outstanding judgments, tax liens, or pending lawsuits against them
It has come to our attention not all businesses are able to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from the State. In order to ensure the broadest possible participation in the La Veta Business Grant program, the Town is waiving that requirement on the grant application.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BY 5:00 PM MDT FRIDAY 30 OCTOBER 2020. Applications are available here